Chin Filler Treatment in South Surrey BC
Do you want your chin to appear more prominent or increase its definition? Chin Fillers can help to enhance the size and shape of your chin. For more information about the chin fillers, we offered at Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre, contact us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at Unit #103 – 15222 32nd Avenue Diversion, Surrey, BC V3Z 0R8, Canada.
Table of Contents:
What can I expect during my chin filler treatment?
When will I see results after my chin filler treatment?
What is the expected recovery time after chin filler treatment?
How long will my results last?
How much does chin filler cost?
Maybe not as exciting or sexy as lip filler treatments, chin augmentation is quickly becoming a sought-after treatment at our clinic. Its popularity has increased as more and more people are opting for facial contouring treatments requiring filler.
Dermal fillers can improve:
- Size of your chin
- Length of your chin
- Projection of the chin
- Shape of the chin
- Symmetry of the chin
We also have to consider the blending of the chin into the jawline. Quite often with aging, fat accumulates along the jawline in the jowls causing them to drop below the jawline. This is when we would use filler in the pre-jowl sulcus area to straighten the jawline and reconnect it with the chin. This also reduces the appearance of the jowls.
On the day of your treatment, your doctor will meet with you and assess the area to be injected and to discuss your aesthetic goals. Based on that, your doctor will determine the right amount and type of Dermal Filler required.
Once the area is cleaned, marked and prepared, your doctor will begin the treatment. The dermal filler may be injected via needle, cannula or a combination of both techniques. The chin filler treatment takes about 30 minutes.
Results can be seen immediately after the chin filler treatment. Final results are visible once all the swelling subsides. Usually between 7-14 days after the treatment.
There may be some swelling and bruising after your chin filler treatment. This usually subsides within a week or so. It’s important to follow the post-treatment guidelines recommended by your doctor.
Chin filler treatment can last 12-18 months. Every patient is unique in their ability to metabolize Hyaluronic Acid. Touch-up treatments are required to maintain your results.
The price of chin filler varies upon the volume injected. Your doctor will determine the volume required after a thorough assessment and conversation about your aesthetic goals. You will be given an exact quote during your consultation.
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
• Avoid dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment. Avoid oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
• 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
• 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “anti-aging” products. Also avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
• Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
• Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Day of Treatment
• Arrive at the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
• To maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied. In some cases, a local numbing medication will be injected into or around the area(s) to be treated.
• You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
• To ensure a smooth and even correction, your provider may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal amount of redness to your skin.
• Arnica homeopathic granules &/or arnica gel are available for purchase after your treatment to help reduce swelling and bruising.
For all Patients Interested in Botox and/or Filler
Please note the following prior to your appointment at Dr.Badesha’s Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre and Drip Lounge:
• During your first appointment, you will be given information about Botox and fillers. Dr.Badesha and his staff will ask you about your personal goals and interests, and then will make some suggestions based on their experience.
• Many patients choose to have treatment on the day of their consultation, but there is absolutely no obligation to do so! Please be sure that all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction before any treatment is undertaken.
• It is best to have dermal filler treatment done at least 2 weeks prior to a special event
• If you plan to have injections performed on the day of your consult, please follow pre-treatment instructions above.
Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre and Drip Lounge offers a variety of naturopathic and medspa services! We look forward to seeing you! Please call us or book an appointment today! We serve patients from Surrey BC, Burnaby BC, Langley City BC, White Rock BC, New Westminster BC, Vancouver BC, and nearby areas.