Neuromodulators Injections Clinic in South Surrey BC
Neuromodulator injectables relax your face to prevent deepening wrinkles and creases. They are used for moderate to severe forehead lines, crow’s feet lines, and frown lines between the eyebrows in adults. Visit Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre to get specialized care. For more information, contact us or request an appointment. We are conveniently located at Unit #103 – 15222 32nd Avenue Diversion, Surrey, BC V3Z 0R8, Canada.
Table of Contents:
How do Neuromodulators work?
Where can a Neuromodulator be used?
What is a Neuromodulator treatment like?
How long does a treatment take?
How much does a Neuromodulator treatment cost?
Who should not use this treatment?
How soon will I see a difference?
Does Neuromodulator have any side effects?
How long does the treatment last?
Will it give me food poisoning? / Is botulism? Isn’t Neuromodulator a toxin or poison?
Neuromodulator injections are used to block certain chemical signals from your nerves which signals the muscles to contract. The most common use of neuromodulator injections is to temporarily relax your facial muscles that cause wrinkles in areas like the forehead and around the eyes.
Neuromodulators can be used in several areas of the face including the following:
• Forehead lines
• Frown lines
• “Bunny lines” on the nose
• Downturned tip of the nose
• Excessive flaring of the nostrils
• Crow’s feet
• “Brow Lift” to raise the corners of the eyebrows. This can help reduce the appearance of eyelid hooding.
• Necklines and cords (platysmal bands)
• Into the DOA muscle to turn the corners of the mouth upwards. Literally turning that frown upside down.
• Around the top lip to minimize the appearance of “smoker” lines and to increase its size (“Lip Flip“)
• Into the Masseter muscle for jawline slimming
In addition, it is used therapeutically to treat TMJ disorder, migraines and hyperhidrosis – which is the condition of excessive sweating in the armpits or hands.
During the treatment, Neuromodulator injections are performed at the doctor’s office. Your doctor uses a thin needle to inject a tiny amount of neuromodulator (botulinum toxin) into your skin or muscles. The number of injections needed is dependent on each customer. Talk to your Injectionist about customizing your neuromodulator treatment.
A Neuromodulator procedure is quick and simple, and there is no downtime. Following a facial analysis by your physician and a discussion on your desired outcome, the procedure itself only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to perform.
The costs associated with a treatment are dependent on the amount of product needed and the areas of the face being treated. Call Mediworks today to book a Neuromodulator Consultation to come up with a treatment plan with our Neuromodulator doctors.
There are very few restrictions regarding the use of Neuromodulators. Those who are pregnant, nursing, or have a neurological disease should not be treated.
It can take up to 2 weeks for the products to take full effect. Usually, we ask patients to wait for the full 14 days to pass in order to fully see the results.
Side effects are rare and these should be discussed with your doctor.
The effects usually last up to four months. After repeat treatments, the effects may begin to last longer.
No, it is not toxic to you and it’s not a poison. To clarify, Botulism is the name of an illness. The product is a natural, purified protein. It is an approved drug that is used in very tiny doses and it comes from a naturally occurring bacterium.
For all Patients Interested in Neuromodulators and/or Filler
Please note the following prior to your appointment at Dr. Badesha’s Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre and Drip Lounge:
• During your first appointment, you will be given information about Neuromodulators and Fillers. Dr. Badesha and his staff will ask you about your personal goals and interests and then will make some suggestions based on their experience.
• Many patients choose to have treatment on the day of their consultation, but there is absolutely no obligation to do so! Please be sure that all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction before any treatment is undertaken.
• If you plan to have injections performed on the day of your consult, please follow the pre-treatment instructions above.
We look forward to seeing you! Please call us or book an appointment today! We serve patients from Surrey BC, Burnaby BC, Langley City BC, White Rock BC, New Westminster BC, Vancouver BC, and nearby areas.