The lower third of the face is very important to treat when using fillers. Jawline contouring treatments are becoming more and more popular. A well contoured, chiseled jawline is desirable in men and women, giving a perception of beauty and youth. It also defines masculine and feminine characteristics.
The angle of the jaw is an important area to accentuate when contouring the jaw. Referred to as the Gonial angle, both sexes have an optimal angle. In women this angle should be between 120-130 degrees. Anything less well masculinize the face. The angle in men is between 90-120 degrees, but usually 110-120 degrees. This angle may not be ideal due to genetics or as a result of ageing which causes bone resorption in the mandible, loss of fat pads and skin laxity which all cause changes in jaw structure. We use the Gonial angle as a reference when contouring the jaw to restore proper shape and proportion.
This procedure is shown to improve the structure of the lower face, produce a more defined jawline, reduce the prominence of jowls, and even lift the upper neck.
What can I expect during my jawline treatment?
On the day of your treatment, your doctor will meet with you and assess the area to be injected and to discuss your aesthetic goals. Based on that, your doctor will determine the right amount and type of Dermal Filler required.
Once the area is cleaned, marked and prepared, your doctor will begin the treatment. The Dermal Filler may be injected via needle, cannula or a combination of both techniques. The Jawline Filler treatment takes about 30minutes.
When will I see results after my jawline treatment?
Results can be seen immediately after Jawline Filler treatment. Final results are visible once all the swelling subsides. Usually between 7-14 days after the treatment.
What is the expected recovery time after jawline filler treatment?
There may be some swelling and bruising after your Jawline Filler treatment. This usually subsides within a week or so. It’s important to follow the post treatment guidelines recommended by your doctor.
How long will my results last?
Jawline Filler treatment can last 12-18 months. Every patient is unique in their ability to metabolize the Hyaluronic Acid. Touch up treatments are required to maintain your results.
How much does jawline filler cost?
The price of Jawline Filler varies upon the volume injected. Your doctor will determine the volume required after a thorough assessment and conversation about your aesthetic goals. You will be given an exact quote during your consultation.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
- Avoid dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment. Avoid oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
- 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
- 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “anti-aging” products. Also avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
- Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Day of Treatment
- Arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
- To maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied. In some cases, a local numbing medication will be injected into or around the area(s) to be treated.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
- To ensure a smooth and even correction, your provider may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal amount of redness to your skin.
- Arnica homeopathic granules &/or arnica gel are available for purchase after your treatment to help reduce swelling and bruising.
For all Patients Interested in Botox and/or Filler
Please note the following prior to your appointment at Dr.Badesha’s Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre:
- During your first appointment, you will be given information about Botox and Fillers. Dr.Badesha and his staff will ask you about your personal goals and interests, and then will make some suggestions based on their experience.
- Many patients choose to have treatment on the day of their consultation, but there is absolutely no obligation to do so! Please be sure that all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction before any treatment is undertaken.
- It is best to have Dermal Filler treatment done at least 2 weeks prior to a special event
- If you plan to have injections performed on the day of your consult, please follow pre-treatment instructions above.