Nasolabial Fold Filler in South Surrey BC
Nasolabial fold fillers are a quick, minimally invasive cosmetic treatment that requires little preparation and no downtime. Get rid of smile lines with Nasolabial Fold Filler treatment offered at Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre! For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at Unit #103 – 15222 32nd Avenue Diversion, Surrey, BC V3Z 0R8, Canada.
Table of Contents:
What can I expect during my nasolabial fold/smile line treatment?
When will I see results after my nasolabial fold/smile line filler treatment?
What is the expected recovery time after nasolabial fold/smile line filler treatment?
How long will my results last?
How much does nasolabial fold/smile line filler cost?
The nasolabial fold is the deep crease running from either side of the nose down toward the corners of the mouth. Also known as a “smile line,” this crease is created by repeated movement of the mouth.
This crease becomes more noticeable as part of the natural aging process. Fat is lost from the cheeks, reducing skin volume and making this fold appear deeper. Repeated smiling or having a “big smile” may result in permanent, deep creases in this area. Even after you’re no longer smiling, the line remains.
Deep nasolabial folds can be corrected through injections of dermal filler into the surrounding area, restoring the lost volume and softening the appearance of these creases. The goal of nasolabial fold injections is to even out the skin volume, leaving you with a smoother, refreshed-looking appearance.
On the day of your treatment, your doctor will meet with you and assess the area to be injected and discuss your aesthetic goals. Based on that, your doctor will determine the right amount and type of Dermal Filler required.
Once the area is cleaned, marked, and prepared, your doctor will begin the treatment. The Dermal Filler may be injected via a needle, cannula, or a combination of both techniques. The nasolabial fold/smile line filler treatment takes about 30 minutes.
Results can be seen immediately after nasolabial fold/smile line filler treatment. Final results are visible once all the swelling subsides. Usually between 7-14 days after the treatment.
There may be some swelling and bruising after your nasolabial fold/smile line filler treatment. This usually subsides within a week or so. It’s important to follow the post-treatment guidelines recommended by your doctor.
Nasolabial fold/smile line filler treatment can last 12-18 months. Every patient is unique in their ability to metabolize Hyaluronic Acid. Touch-up treatments are required to maintain your results.
The price of the Nasolabial Fold/Smile line filler varies on the volume injected. Your doctor will determine the volume required after a thorough assessment and conversation about your aesthetic goals. You will be given an exact quote during your consultation.
• Inform your doctor if you have a history of Perioral Herpes to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment.
• Avoid dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment. Avoid oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
• 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment (to prevent bruising): Avoid blood thinning over-the-counter medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve. Also avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules. Please note: If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping use of Aspirin.
• 3 DAYS BEFORE treatment: Avoid topical products such as Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, or any “anti-aging” products. Also avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated.
• Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising.
• Do not use Dermal Fillers if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or suffer from any neurological disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment.
Day of Treatment
• Arrive to the office with a “clean face”. Please do not wear makeup. You may bring your own makeup to apply after your treatment.
• To maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied. In some cases, a local numbing medication will be injected into or around the area(s) to be treated.
• You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
• To ensure a smooth and even correction, your provider may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal amount of redness to your skin.
• Arnica homeopathic granules &/or arnica gel are available for purchase after your treatment to help reduce swelling and bruising.
For all Patients Interested in Botox and/or Filler
Please note the following prior to your appointment at Dr.Badesha’s Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre:
• During your first appointment, you will be given information about Botox and Fillers. Dr.Badesha and his staff will ask you about your personal goals and interests and then will make some suggestions based on their experience.
• Many patients choose to have treatment on the day of their consultation, but there is absolutely no obligation to do so! Please be sure that all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction before any treatment is undertaken.
• It is best to have Dermal Filler treatment done at least 2 weeks prior to a special event
• If you plan to have injections performed on the day of your consult, please follow the pre-treatment instructions above.
We look forward to seeing you! Please call us or book an appointment today! We serve patients from Surrey BC, Burnaby BC, Langley City BC, White Rock BC, New Westminster BC, Vancouver BC, and nearby areas.