COVID-19 Safety Protocols in South Surrey, BC
We are located at Unit #103 – 15222 32nd Avenue Diversion, Surrey, BC V3Z 0R8, Canada. Request an appointment online or call us.
- Patients must check in via telephone call for all booked appointments prior to entering the clinic
- The waiting room has been reduced to seat 1 person.
- Acrylic dividers have been placed at key patient interaction locations to provide a barrier where social distancing is difficult to maintain
- Social distancing stickers have been placed on the floor as a reference.
- Appointments are restricted to patients only-no children, spouses or friends may join patients during their appointment or in the waiting room
- No walk ins or visitors are allowed.
- The number of IV chairs have been reduced and placed 6’ apart from each other. Remotes for TVs are not available.
- Patients will enter the clinic 5 minutes before their scheduled appointment through our regular front entrance. Everyone will leave the clinic by the back door to reduce contact and maintain physical distance
- Appointment times will be staggered
- Patients arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before their appointment times and check in via telephone call prior to entering the clinic.
- At reception, there will be a check to ensure that you have a credit card on file and have completed the COVID-19 Self-Assessment QUESTIONNAIRE Download BC Covid-19 app. Please remember to do this before you arrive to prevent congestion at reception. All staff will complete a daily self-assessment for COVID-19 symptoms
- You will then be asked to use our complimentary hand sanitizer and to put on your mask (please bring one). If you forget or don’t have one, you can purchase one from us at cost ($2.00 per mask)
- You will be directed to the appropriate waiting location to await your treatment.
- When ready, your doctor/staff will greet you at the waiting location and escort you to their treatment room, which will have been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected (see below) in between every patient/client.
- Following treatment, during which all appropriate personal protection equipment (mask, gloves) will be worn, the front desk will book your next appointment or return visit reminder and direct you to the clinic door exit to avoid congestion in the reception area. You can also book your own next appointment online at www.mediworks.ca or call our reception from home
- You will be billed and the receipt will be emailed to you.
ENVIRONMENTAL CLEANING AND DISINFECTING MEASURES
1- Clinic spaces will be cleaned according to the BCCDC guidelines and using a Health Canada approved disinfectant This includes:
Treatment rooms cleaned between each patient
- This includes counter tops, medical equipment, examination tables Frequently-touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected at least twice a day.
- These include sneeze guards, door knobs, light switches, telephones, keyboards, mice, pens, charts, cell phones and all hard surfaces in bathrooms such as sinks, faucets, handles
- General cleaning and disinfecting of procedure and examination rooms should occur at least twice a day.
2- Eliminate items that are not easily cleaned such as fabric or soft items
3- Provide alcohol-based hand rubs (ABHR) with a minimum of 70% alcohol at the reception counter and near procedure/exam room doors. A higher concentration of alcohol is required to eliminate a wide range of microorganisms, including COVID-191.
4- Procedure/exam rooms include only necessary equipment required to perform services.
5- We’ve minimized supplies located in our treatment rooms and have secured supplies in closed cabinets/containers to minimize the risk of contamination.
6- Keep frequently used doors open where appropriate to avoid recurrent contamination of doorknobs and high touch contact points
7- We’ve updated the filters in our HVAC system