Therapeutic Botox in South Surrey, BC
Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre and Drip Lounge now offer Therapeutic Botox treatments for excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis) migraines, TMJ pain, muscle pain, and teeth grinding at our South Surrey location. For more information, contact us or book an appointment online. We are conveniently located at Unit #103 – 15222 32nd Avenue Diversion, Surrey, BC V3Z 0R8, Canada.
Table of Contents:
What is Therapeutic Botox and how is it different from Cosmetic Botox?
What Is Therapeutic Botox?
Is the process different between Botox Cosmetic and Botox Therapeutic treatments?
Will my extended health cover a Therapeutic Botox treatment?
A lot of people have heard about Botox or know someone that’s had Botox treatments done to smooth out unwanted facial wrinkles. However, did you know that Botox can be used to treat a variety of medical conditions? It’s true! This is what’s known as Therapeutic Botox
Most people associate the use of Botox with cosmetic purposes. It’s extremely popular and is the number one cosmetic procedure requested at our clinic. Surprisingly, people receiving cosmetic Botox treatments started to report relief of their chronic head pain. Shortly after, it was approved for treating migraines. It had already been approved years earlier to treat hyperhidrosis.
Botox blocks the nerve signals to the muscle. When those signals are blocked, the muscles relax, relieving tension and creating that smooth appearance. Therefore the same mechanism of action that allows Botox to smooth out unwanted wrinkles allows it to treat several medical conditions. It’s a double win! The Botox used in both Cosmetic and Therapeutic treatments is exactly the same.
Therapeutic Botox is mainly used for:
• Migraines and headaches
• Neck pain
• TMJ disorder
• Teeth grinding
• Jaw clenching
• Trigger points (muscle pain)
• Shoulder and back pain
• Muscle spasms
• Excessive sweating
• And more
Botox relaxes your muscles or reduces glandular or nerve activity, which helps reduce the pain or symptoms of the above conditions
Cosmetic Botox is used for fixing a variety of facial concerns, including the following:
• Forehead wrinkles
• Frown lines
• Crow’s feet
• Bunny lines
Cosmetic Botox works by relaxing the muscles that are causing the wrinkles thus giving a smoothing effect.
Smooth Out Wrinkles
• Between the eyes (Eleven Lines)
• corners of your eyes (Crow’s Feet)
• Relieves head and neck muscle tension
• Decreases teeth grinding (bruxism)
• Stop headaches and migraines
• Helps you sleep better
The process is very similar:
• Call the office or book online for an appointment
• Fill out the appropriate paperwork and consent forms
• Unlike Cosmetic Botox, Therapeutic Botox requires a comprehensive medical exam and diagnosis. This is so our doctors can clearly find the origin and reason behind your symptoms and if Botox is appropriate for you.
• Quite often, patients already have a diagnosis and a prescription for Botox. Treatment can be rendered on the same day if that is the case.
• Conversely, if a prescription is required, one of our doctors will write one for the patient to fill at any local pharmacy. An appointment will be scheduled to receive the treatment on another day.
• You will start seeing results within 2-10 days.
• Follow-up appointments will be scheduled
The answer is maybe. Many plans will cover Therapeutic Botox treatments for migraines and hyperhidrosis. It’s up to the patient to check with their provider. Cosmetic Botox is never covered by insurance and is an out-of-pocket cost. For more information, Call us or Book an appointment online. We serve patients from Surrey BC, Burnaby BC, Langley City BC, White Rock BC, New Westminster BC, Vancouver BC, and nearby areas.