Cosmetic Botox Clinic in Surrey, British Columbia
Botox is an effective wrinkle and frown line reduction injection. It temporarily fixes forehead lines and even crow’s feet lines. Interested in getting botox? Contact us today at Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre or request an appointment online. We are conveniently located at Unit #103 – 15222 32nd Avenue Diversion, Surrey, BC V3Z 0R8, Canada.
Table of Contents:
How does Botox work?
Where can Botox be used?
What is a Botox treatment like?
How long does a treatment take?
How much does a Botox treatment cost?
Who should not use this treatment?
How soon will I see a difference?
Does Botox have any side effects?
How long does the treatment last?
Will it give me food poisoning? / Is botulism? Isn’t Botox a toxin or poison?
Botox injections are used to block certain chemical signals from your nerves which signals the muscles to contract. The most common use of botox injections is to temporarily relax your facial muscles that cause wrinkles in areas like the forehead and around the eyes.
Botox is used in several areas of the face including the following:
• Forehead lines
• Frown lines
• “Bunny lines” on the nose
• Downturned tip of the nose
• Excessive flaring of the nostrils
• Crow’s feet
• “Brow Lift” to raise the corners of the eyebrows. This can help reduce the appearance of eyelid hooding.
• Necklines and cords (platysmal bands)
• Into the DOA muscle to turn the corners of the mouth upwards. Literally turning that frown upside down.
• Around the top lip to minimize the appearance of “smokers” lines and to increase its size (“Lip Flip“)
• Into the Masseter muscle for jawline slimming
In addition, it is used therapeutically to treat TMJ disorder, migraines and hyperhidrosis – which is the condition of excessive sweating in the armpits or hands.
During the treatment, Botox injections are performed at the doctor’s office. Your doctor uses a thin needle to inject tiny amount of botox (botulinum toxin) into your skin or muscles. The number of injections needed are dependent on each customer. Talk to your injection specialist about customizing your botox treatment.
A Botox procedure is quick, simple, and there is no downtime. Following a facial analysis by your physician and a discussion on your desired outcome, the procedure itself only takes about 10 to 15 minutes to perform.
The costs associated with a treatment are dependent on the amount of product needed and the areas of the face being treated. Call Mediworks today to book a Botox Consultation to come up with a treatment plan with our Botox specialists.
There are very few restrictions regarding the use of Botox. Those who are pregnant, nursing, or have a neurological disease should not be treated.
It can take up to 2 weeks for the products to take full effect. Usually, we ask patients to wait for the full 14 days to pass in order to fully see the results.
Side effects are rare and these should be discussed with your doctor.
The effects usually last up to four months. After repeat treatments, the effects may begin to last longer.
No, it is not toxic to you and it’s not a poison. To clarify, Botulism is the name of an illness. The product is a natural, purified protein. It is an approved drug that is used in very tiny doses and it comes from a naturally occurring bacterium.
For all Patients Interested in Botox and/or Filler
Please note the following prior to your appointment at Dr. Badesha’s Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre and Drip Lounge:
• During your first appointment, you will be given information about Botox and Fillers. Dr. Badesha and his staff will ask you about your personal goals and interests, and then will make some suggestions based on their experience.
• Many patients choose to have treatment on the day of their consultation, but there is absolutely no obligation to do so! Please be sure that all of your questions are answered to your satisfaction before any treatment is undertaken.
• If you plan to have injections performed on the day of your consult, please follow pre-treatment instructions above.
We look forward to seeing you! Please call us or book an appointment today! We serve patients from Surrey BC, Burnaby BC, Langley City BC, White Rock BC, New Westminster BC, Vancouver BC, and nearby areas.