Our Team at Mediworks Rejuvenation Centre in South Surrey, BC
Meet Our Team of Expert Doctors and Fantastic Staff. We all Look Forward to Serving You. Call Us at (604) 757-6420 or Make an Appointment Online.
NATUROPATHIC PHYSICIAN VANCOUVER: Dr. Navi Badesha
Dr. Badesha earned his doctorate of Naturopathic Medicine from the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in 2003. Prior to his doctoral studies he studied animal biology at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C. He has practiced Naturopathic medicine in the Greater Vancouver area since 2005 and is currently in private practice in Surrey. Dr. Badesha is a member of the Canadian Association of Naturopathic Physicians and the British Columbia Naturopathic Association.
Dr. Badesha believes that commitment to one’s health is essential for achieving and maintaining optimal wellness. His responsibility is to help patients realize their physical, emotional, mental and spiritual potential. By blending the art of natural therapeutics with modern medical science, Dr. Badesha seeks to “identify and treat” the causes of illness in the least invasive way. This dynamic approach to health care focuses on empowering the individual to move beyond dependence on medication be it pharmaceutical or natural.
- Health is not just freedom from disease; it is the state in which body, mind and spirit are able to achieve their full potential
- Symptoms are an indication of a greater health imbalance; it is the root cause of symptoms that should be addressed
Dr. Badesha operates a general practice with an emphasis on IV therapies, musculoskeletal injuries and pain management. Dr. Badesha has obtained additional training in intravenous therapeutics, oxidative therapies, bioidentical hormone replacement therapy, chelation, and prolotherapy. Other therapies utilized at his clinic include trigger point injections and electro-acupuncture. His methods address factors that contribute to physical and emotional imbalance. Education is a fundamental approach, as he works with patients to incorporate lifestyle changes to address their concerns.
As part of your experience with Dr. Badesha, he may perform physical exams, routine blood work and additional diagnostic procedures to gather more information. Dr. Badesha believes patient’s personal goals are best achieved by developing individualized programs in the areas of nutrition, neutraceuticals, homeopathy, IV therapeutics, herbal medicine, injection therapy and lifestyle modification.
Dr. Bernales completed her Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences at Simon Fraser University in 2007 with 2 years of study at the University of Toronto in the Arts and Sciences programme. She earned her Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine from the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine in 2017. Dr. Bernales is certified in intravenous therapy, acupuncture and Bowen therapy. She holds pharmaceutical rights in the province of British Columbia. Dr. Bernales is a member of the British Columbia Naturopathic Association and the Canadian Associated of Naturopathic Physicians.
Born overseas, immigrating to Canada as a young child, and raised here on the West Coast, Dr. Bernales has always had a strong a passion of discovery and inquiry. Her curiosity about nearly everything, coupled with the blending of different cultures in her family home has led her to value a holistic framework and inclusive perspective in all aspects of her life including health and wellness.
Dr. Bernales believes in an integrated approach to healthcare, incorporating the best of science and research-based evidence with the traditional and naturally focused traditions and healing principles of naturopathic medicine to diagnose and treat the underlying cause of disease. Her comprehensive approach to healthcare embraces a practice that is aimed at treating the whole person in order to achieve optimal and lasting health.
Dr. Bernales offers a patient-centred approach to medicine and views her work with patients as a joint collaboration to support their goals and long term health. She prioritizes education as a way to empower her patients with the knowledge to control their own well being and make educated decisions about their own health. While she operates a general practice she has special interest in the following areas:
- Women’s health including hormone balancing, menstrual and reproductive health concerns – PMS, fertility, painful periods, menopause, fibroids, PCOS, endometriosis, thyroid disorders, adrenal fatigue
- Stress management and fatigue
- Immune dysfunction – allergies, asthma, cold & flus, other infections
- Skin conditions – aging, acne, eczema, psoriasis, fungal infections
- Digestive concerns – food allergies, reflux, IBS, crohn’s, ulcerative colitis, ulcers, constipation, diarrhea,
If you are new to naturopathic medicine or would like more information about how Dr. Bernales practices, she offers free 15 minute information sessions, please don’t hesitate to contact her.
- ND, Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine, New Westminster, BC, 2017
- Under Graduate Major in Biological Sciences, SFU, Burnaby, BC, 2007
Licenses and Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science (Biological Sciences), Simon Fraser University, 2007
- Naturopathic Physicians license province of British Columbia, 2017
- CNPBC board certified Acupuncture, 2018
- CNPBC board certified Intravenous Nutrient Therapy, 2018
- Naturopathic Cardiac Life Support (NCLS), OHM Medical, 2018
- BC Pharmaceutical Prescribing Authority, 2017
- British Columbia Naturopathic Association
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of British Columbia
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
Kamal Badesha, RPN, BScPN, (M.A.Leadership in Progress), Nursing Instructor.
Kamal Badesha is a Registered Psychiatric Nurse. She holds a Bachelors of Psychiatric Nursing Degree and is currently working on her Masters of Arts in Leadership in Health Care and education. Kamal brings years of nursing experience working in various mental health settings such as; inpatient, community, residential and addictions. She has worked with adolescents, adults and geriatric population in her psychiatric nursing career. Kamal is additionally trained in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Dialectical Behavioural Therapy, and Core Addiction Practice training. Along with supporting Mediworks, Kamal works as a care coordinator with a Fraser health facility and is a nursing instructor for Stenberg College. Kamal is also a certified Venus Legacy technician for those interested in skin tightening and body contouring. Call our clinic if you are struggling with anxiety, depression or other mental health disorders and Kamal will be delighted to help you get through your struggles.